Analytics
5.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce - Missing Transaction Affiliation Information

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I am new with Ecommerce and I am trying to add Affiliation data in this table:

Dimensions: Date, Transaction ID, Product. Metrics: Product Revenue, Quantity.

I send the data like this :

ga('ecommerce:addTransaction', {

'id': 0001,

'affiliation': 'Shop'

});

It is possible to use: Transaction, Affiliation and Product as Dimensions together?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Carolina,

Hopefully, I understood your question correctly.

Yes, theoretically you can use Date, Transaction ID, Affiliation and Product SKU together as dimensions with Quantity and Product Revenue in Google Analytics. Take a look at this report. I used GA demo account.

If you'd like to learn more how to implement e-commerce tracking, take a look at this guide. Arnold has written a couple of articles about that as well: https://www.redflymarketing.com/blog/category/google-analytics/

Hope this helps.

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Taavi, thanks for the answer Smiley Happy

But in that report, doesn't show any data, the table is empty, the only way I can see the 'Affiliation data' is using: 

Dimensions = Affiliation, Transaction ID.

Metrics = Transaction.

If I use Product SKU it doesn't show any data.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carolina L
January 2017

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

Do you see any Product SKU's in your reports? For example, if you use Product SKU as a dimension and Quantity as a metric. Everything works properly in the Google Analytics Demo Account. You're not using Enhanced e-commerce so it can be the reason as well.

If you cannot find any Product SKU's, there's probably something wrong with the implementation.

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Taavi,

I had to change the plugin from 'Ecommerce' to 'Enhanced Ecommerce', and is working now.

Thanks for the help Smiley Happy