Analytics
5.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate folders in content drilldown report with/without "/"

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

We have an old site build on SharePoint, and we regularly used the Drilldown Report to look at user flow across the sections of the site.

The site has recently been rebuilt on Drupal and we're now seeing a new anomaly in the data in the Drilldown Report and I was hoping someone could offer some assistance to advise how best to now manage the data and reporting.

For some reason in Drupal it was not possible to append a "/" to the end of each URL, so now we're seeing 'duplicate' entries for the same site sections and pages.

i.e. site.com/products/ and site.com/products now show as separate entries on the page path level. This goes for all sections/pages across the site.

Any suggestions on how to filter or set up the data in GA, so that all of these 'duplicates' are placed in to the same 'bucket'?

Thanks!

Duplicate folders in content drilldown report with/without "/"

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Stephen,

using a filter won't really help because it will not re-process historical data. Since you are now on Drupal and no-slash-at-the-end is the new default, here's what I would do:

- as time goes by, this "anomaly" will fade away...

- use Content Grouping to group them together... but that's probably a lot of admin for little value...

- you could use Data Studio to create a fancy report and use a calculated field where you would always strip out the trailing /, but DS doesn't offer any drill down ability...