Analytics
3.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate URL pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having an issue where Analytics will show two instances of the same webpage in my Site Content > All Pages report, but using the full url, and then only using the subdirectory. 

analytics issue.png

Then, when I click the expand link icon, the full URL will link to a page that duplicates the url. Example: clicking the "www.grobo.io/" expand link icon will bring me to a page with the url "http://www.grobo.iowww.grobo.io". 

What is going on?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stefanie C
July

Duplicate URL pages

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

Things to check:
1) That website url is entered correctly in both the Property Settings page AND each View Settings page

2) Is there a default page entered into the View Settings page (immediately following the timezone/location setting)
Not all sites require a default page, it is optional

3) Are any filters applied to the view that might be rewriting the request URIs

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Duplicate URL pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Bronwyn! 

I think it was a Show full domain filter that I had applied to my view. I got rid of it and it seems to have solved the problem. Thank you!

Duplicate URL pages

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You're welcome, happy to hear you now  have it all working as expected :-)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Duplicate URL pages

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

That is a known issue and caused by an advanced filter applied to the domain as 'hostname/Request URL' on the view.

There is no current workaround - if the filter is required on the view. A little annoying that there is no solution to date.

Duplicate URL pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Very annoying! I don't require the filter at this time, but I likely will in the future. So that is a shame that there's currently no workaround.

Duplicate URL pages

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

It should not be an issue after a while except for historical data.
Filters will not change data in reports prior to the time they are applied.
They only work going forward.

So.. if you need to setup the filter again in the future.. 

a) Create a new view and apply the filter.. (views do not populate with historical data from other Views) so all the new data going forward will have a consistent url format

b) If you apply it to an existing View with historical data.. after a while, moving forward, if you are not comparing back to a date range prior to the filter being applied, the urls will be consistent with the new format.. while old data will be consistent with the old format.