Analytics
4.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Dumb-down Report Data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work with a wide range of technologically inclined people; some know close to nothing, some know a great deal.  I am on the latter end of the spectrum and am having a hard time dumbing-down some of the report terms.

• Pageviews
  • Unique pageviews
  • Bounce rate

Also, the reporting I am doing to my team(s) is very specific to sub-pages within our website's homepage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author LifeSpan Elizabeth K
October 2016

Re: Dumb-down Report Data

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @LifeSpan Elizabeth K,

It is great that you seeking to better understand Analytics and help those you work with do so, as well.

For starters, 

• PageviewsAn instance of a page being loaded (or reloaded) in a browser. Pageviews is a metric defined as the total number of pages viewed.
  • Unique Pageviews: A unique pageview, as seen in the Content Overview report, aggregates pageviews that are generated by the same user during the same session. A unique pageview represents the number of sessions during which that page was viewed one or more times.
  • Bounce RateBounce Rate is the percentage of single-page sessions (i.e. sessions in which the person left your site from the entrance page without interacting with the page).
  • Tracking domains and directories will be most-enlightening to you. 

I would suggest you sign up for a free account at Google's Analytics Academy. You will really gain a lot of well-rounded information that will connect one term to the next. 

Of course, there is also a lot of reading here that will help... and our very own learn section has some truly great articles by the experts here. Please just post up if you have a question and we will be happy to assist. 

Kind Regards,

James