Analytics
3.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Drop in Numbers while comparing Real-time vs Behaviour reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

We are tracking form registrations and the count of users who registered using the form that is put up in a website.

So we did a bit of testing, and when we registered 10 users within 30 minutes, under Realtime -> Events it showed me the exact number as 10 users.

Whereas when I pulled the report from Behaviour -> Site Content -> All Pages, I see that there is a significant drop (showed me the number as only 6 people registered).

Could someone please help me out here. Why is there a drop in number between the real-time and behaviour report?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
under Realtime -> Events it showed me the exact number as 10 users.

Would you not then compare that against Behaviour > Events > Top Events

Whereas when I pulled the report from Behaviour -> Site Content -> All Pages, I see that there is a significant drop (showed me the number as only 6 people registered).

Are the ppl sent to a seperate confirmation/thank you page after registration?

Couple of other things to consider too- 

Processing latency, sometimes it can take 24-48hrs from when a hit occurs to appearing in the Standard Reports.
Depending on when the hit occurred, is the date range at the upper right being changed to also include current day's data as it doesnt by default so if there is processed data for the current day, it wont be viewable via the default date range

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to clarify a couple of things to make you understand better,

1) Yes, the users are redirected to a 'thank you/successful registered' page after the registration is a success. In this case, I view the count of the thank you pages under real-time in order to see how many have registered.

2) I also tried the date range part on a later date (as you have mentioned), only to see that the numbers did not match with the real-time numbers ( I took a screen shot of them ).

If you think of anything that I am doing wrong here, kindly let me know.

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

1) Yes, the users are redirected to a 'thank you/successful registered' page after the registration is a success. In this case, I view the count of the thank you pages under real-time in order to see how many have registered.

When did the testing take place.. what date?
It would be really unusual for a pageview hit to occur and show up in real time reports and then not appear within 48hrs in standard reports.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here