Analytics
5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Double language code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there,
Could you please help me to find answer why in the Language report I receive two Thai languages - th and th-th?th-th.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nata M
June

Double language code

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Nata M,

They are actually same. As @A T mentioned, it is related to your visitors' browser/os. Normally, first 2 letter describes the generic name of the language and the other ones specifies the language origin(Such as us english, uk english etc.). Some browser/OS combinations assigns different values as the language code. Since Google Analytics grabs this data from browser, it gets whatever is set as user's language.

I hope this helps.

Regards

View solution in original post

Double language code

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

It is basically the way browser is setting the values. try to see from which browsers/version the value is coming.

Double language code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the answer!
I have already tried this option - it's near 30 different versions from 3 kind of browsers.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nata M
June

Double language code

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Nata M,

They are actually same. As @A T mentioned, it is related to your visitors' browser/os. Normally, first 2 letter describes the generic name of the language and the other ones specifies the language origin(Such as us english, uk english etc.). Some browser/OS combinations assigns different values as the language code. Since Google Analytics grabs this data from browser, it gets whatever is set as user's language.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Double language code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for explanation.
Just can not find dependencies between my data and these metrics. Seems like nothing specific and two many option.
Anyway many thanks!