Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Double and triple slash + "default page" at the end of URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Analytics is showing double and sometimes triple dash plus the "default page" at the end of many URLs in my reports.

Example: my website domain redirect to its homepage www.domain.com/pt/home. There are many urls showing something like www.domain.com/pt/content//pt or also www.domain.com/pt/content///pt. This started a couple of months back.

The "default page" field in admin settings have "pt" included. Could this be related? I believe this setting was there long time before the reports started showing the "//pt" at the end.

Any solutions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Double and triple slash + "default page" at the end of URL?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

The default page setting is used when the same page is tracked as two separate pages like / and /index.html. You would put "index.html" in the field in that case. In your case just leave it blank, most likely it will resolve all of the issues. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Double and triple slash + "default page" at the end of URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Leaving the default page setting blank solved the "//pt" issue at the end of the URLs, but there is still a lot of URLs showing from two dashes "//" up to four dashes "////" at the end. The most strange thing is that all URL are from my mobile website which is set like "www.domain.com.br/pt/mobile/content////".

GA will show more dashes accordingly to how many paths the URL have, like this:

www.domain.com.br/pt/path1//// - 4 dashes
www.domain.com.br/pt/path1/path2/// - 3 dashes
www.domain.com.br/pt/path1/path2/path3// - 2 dashes

What else could I be missing besides the default page setting?