Analytics
3.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Dont know the login to my tracking ID, tracking suddenly stopped

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

My google analytics in wordpress stopped working saying that there are any errors. I still have the tracking ID but I dont know the account to it. My former technical guy must have used his old email address, which was deleted when he left the project. 

Can you track the account to the tracking ID and check if our data is not lost since May this year? 

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers from Berlin,

Seb

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dont know the login to my tracking ID, tracking suddenly stopped

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
hey Sebastian,

there is no way to access to your GA account without contacting your former technical guy and ask him to give you access to your account. You can have access to any website's tracking id but you can't get access to the reports.

hope this helps you

cheers

Re: Dont know the login to my tracking ID, tracking suddenly stopped

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Sebastian M,

You could try to recover the account, since you really need access to the data for Analytics to have any purpose to you.

You can use the Google Recovery troubleshooter to proceed and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Follow this link for details: https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

You should also install Google Tag Assistant, which will provide some help in what the tracking code (tag) is doing. You can learn more about the tracking code with a great Google Chrome extension called Google Tag Assistant. This is a free tool for verifying Google tracking code and learning what they are doing when a visitor lands on a page. 

Kind Regards,

James