Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Does it count as an Exit when a user gets directed to another domain of my site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have two domains www.mycompany.com and resources.mycompany.com that are using the same Google Analytics Tag and that are using different web hosting platforms.

Does it count as an Exit for www.mycompany.com when a user clicks on a link on www.mycompany.com that is linked to resources.mycompany.com?

I have tried to search for the answers but couldn't find anything useful. It would be great if someone can answer it for me. Thank you.

Best,

Ida Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does it count as an Exit when a user gets directed to another domain of my site?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Ida,

According to this document it would treat each site as a different domain unless you have modified the code to include subdomians.
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/gaTrackingSite
"Google Analytics is designed to track content and visitor data for a single domain, such as www.example.com. This means that even if you manage both a domain and a sub-domain, you must make modifications to the tracking code in order to share visitor data across both domains."