Analytics
4.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Does bounce rate considers events interactions?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

If i have a page named 'x', where 100 people land and then they interact with an event on the page 'x' and then get redirected to another website, will they be considered as bouncing off. Technically, they just visited one page but they had some interactions with the page before they left. I was wondering how bounce rate includes or excludes page interactions even if it is just one page. Can anybody help?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ash0402 :-)

Be default, Events are interaction hits.
They can be configured as interaction or non-interaction hits.

By default, the event hit is considered an interaction hit, which means that it is included in bounce rate calculations. However, when this value is set to true, the type of event hit is not considered an interaction hit. You can use this fact to adjust bounce rate calculations for pages that contain events. Setting this value to true means: a session containing a single page tagged with non-interaction events is counted as a bounce—even if the visitor also triggers the event during the session. Conversely, omitting this option means that a single-page session on a page that includes event tracking will not be counted as a bounce if the visitor also triggers the event during the same session.

(scroll down to the section titled Non-Interaction Events)

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033068#NonInteractionEvents

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you for explaining it so well.