Analytics
4.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Do Bounce Rate go down If I put two GTM Id on one domain?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Experts,

By mistake by developer has put two GTM on my Main site i.e. One GTM id of Main site and one Google Analytic script of staging site ( testing site).

And on that day along with my Main site analytic same traffic visible on my staging site whole day and next day in analytic my bounce rate gone down from 57 to 45 percent.

So my query is do such thing really impact bounce rate? If yes then how?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

The container alone does not affect your tracking. You have a problem when you are tracking the same property using multiple tracking tags. Check if there are any tracking issues on your site using the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension. Let me know what you find.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Arnold,

Let me clear again on main site two scripts 1) Actual GTM id 2) Google Analytic script of staging site i.e. UA-.....script.

Now this two script was present on my main site approx 9 hours only. So only in analytic bounce rate down for that day only rest again bounce rate normal.

Now let me know can this things affect bounce rate?

Thanks!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Arnold,

Let me clear one more thing that analytic script my developer added on Master of Mobile Control only and on staging site analytic I am able to see main site traffic related to Mobile only and my bounce rate improved only for Mobile site not for desktop or tablet.

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

If you had a Google Analytics tracking tag in the GTM container with the same UA-ID as your tracking snippet at the same time on the same page, then duplicate hits were sent to the property what causes low bounce rate (no bounces because of the multiple hits). Let me know if you have more questions.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Arnold,

Sorry need more clarification I have to scripts on main site. 1) On my main site I have GTM id of main site  2) On my main site I have UA-ID of staging site

Now please let me know it can also affect bounce rate?

Thanks!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

Can anyone reply me please?

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi,

As I mentioned above the GTM id has nothing to do with the bounce rate. If you had two analytics tag on the site at the same time, regardless of the way they were implemented (snippet or/and through GTM) then the double tracking causes a drop in the bounce rate.