4.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Discrepancy in the number of pageviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I can't figure out why the numbers in the behavior tab are changing.

As you can see below when I'm going to the overview behavior the numbers by Page are correct.

For example if I take /contacterlelaboratoire/ the pageviews number is 5007 for this period.

Capture.JPG

When I'm clicking in /contacterlelaboratoire/ number pass from 5007 to 4 for the same period (see below)

No filter or any dimension has been add.

Can someone tell me what is going on???

Capture.JPG

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yoel C
2w

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

On the first screenshot there is "/contacterlelaboratoire/" URL (with slash at the end) but on the second one  there is "/contacterlelaboratoire" URL without the slash at the end. So there are two different pages for Google Analytics.

Go directly to "All Pages" report and use search field to find pages that begin with /contacterlelaboratoire. You should see at least two rows in table.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Tomasz_C that make more sense.

But why when I clicked to an URL with 2 / GA redirect me to an URL with only one / ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Also I don't know if there is a connection but I'm receiving quite frequently this error:

" An illegal state has occurred.

the request resulted in an inappropriate state. Reload the page to see whether the problem persists.

Error ID: 8e841634-eeb0-49b6-9e1a-52dba50e57f3"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭