Analytics
2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancy in Sessions appearing in Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

2356 sessions on my webpage have been generated thru Google Analytics, but once I want to see the number of sessions by age, the number is different. 

In my case I see 1350 sessions by gender. Why? If I have overall number of 2356 sessions, wouldnt it be supposed to have the same number of sessions by gender?

Besides, if i have let's say 800 sessions by male users, once I go into age breakdown of male users, then the number of sessions is different again. Could it be possible that this is just not enough accurate?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Discrepancy in Sessions appearing in Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Zooni B,

There can be some users that the data is available for, so not every single visitor can be tracked. Because of this, your total sessions can be more than a drill down on gender, age, etc.. When the metric is known, it is included. So, the data is accurate but limited to what it can properly track. 

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot James.

This is what I actually meant, but was a bit concerned as the gap between
numbers was quite huge.

Top Contributor
# 4