Analytics
2.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancy between Page title and Page results for the same page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have been having issues with consistency in reporting on our blog posts.

When looking for total blog views in pages I am seeing fewer page views than I am when I search for the individual blog by Page Title.

Why is this happening? Which number should I be using in my reporting?

A great deal of our promotion of the blogs is done through Marketo's automated emails. These emails are being tracked and often Marketo adds a tracking code to the blog link. Could this be causing the discrepancy?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Discrepancy between Page title and Page results for the same page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

You can check if the same page is tracked as separate pages by going to Behavior -> Site Content -> All Pages, select Page title as the primary dimension and Page as the secondary dimension. You'll see if there are different URIs associated with the same page title.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Discrepancy between Page title and Page results for the same page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hmm. There does seem to be multiple pages with the same title. However they all contain the same search peramater I am using when I use just page as the primary dimension.
When I use both primary and secondary dimensions I end up seeing the same number as I saw before for the Page Title total views.
When I just use page as the primary dimension I am seeing a much smaller number than when I add the Title dimension. Any idea why that may be?