AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancy between No. of users on the Audience overview dashboard and the exported CSV file

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My aim is only to find out how many users have visited the website over a certain amount of time. It seems that the amount of users on the dashboard are always different to the amount in the exported CSV file. As I have not applied any special filters I am confused as to what the difference is between the two numbers? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Discrepancy between No. of users on the Audience overview dashboard and the exported CSV file

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Bethany,

I'm confused. The csv of the audience overview gives you a session count and not a user count. Looking at users over any time frame and comparing that to day by day can be a little tricky as it's not a case of 1+1=2. Is that what you're experiencing? Perhaps via a different report?

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn