AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancy between Google Analytics and our site admin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We use an all-in-one database-email marketing-membership system for our small organization. The software folks enabled Google Analytics for us.

Today I wanted to check traffic on a page that we created last month and linked from our home page. In the web site management software, it reported 187 hits (they report all-time page hits and nothing more). When I checked the last month of page views on Google Analytics (which should be similar since the page is less than a month old), it told me there had been 3 (THREE) page views.

Our software Help Team suggested that I "reach out to Google" to find out why there are discrepancies, as they had no information for me. I need to figure out if there's something the software developers can provide/do so that their data agrees with Google (or is at least a bit closer)

I don't know where to begin, as I am only involved in using the CMS provided by the software. I want to report to my board of directors about web traffic, but I need to know which numbers to believe.

Any suggestions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Discrepancy between Google Analytics and our site admin

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Start here;
"Discrepancies in Google Analytics - Clicks vs Visits "
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Discrepancies-in-Google-Ana...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’