Analytics
4.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancy between Google Analytics and our site admin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We use an all-in-one database-email marketing-membership system for our small organization. The software folks enabled Google Analytics for us.

Today I wanted to check traffic on a page that we created last month and linked from our home page. In the web site management software, it reported 187 hits (they report all-time page hits and nothing more). When I checked the last month of page views on Google Analytics (which should be similar since the page is less than a month old), it told me there had been 3 (THREE) page views.

Our software Help Team suggested that I "reach out to Google" to find out why there are discrepancies, as they had no information for me. I need to figure out if there's something the software developers can provide/do so that their data agrees with Google (or is at least a bit closer)

I don't know where to begin, as I am only involved in using the CMS provided by the software. I want to report to my board of directors about web traffic, but I need to know which numbers to believe.

Any suggestions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Discrepancy between Google Analytics and our site admin

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Start here;
"Discrepancies in Google Analytics - Clicks vs Visits "
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Discrepancies-in-Google-Ana...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’