Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancy between Drop-off Rate and Bounce Rate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I looked at user flow to see how my users navigate around my website. I see that the drop-off of my landing pages are really high, more than 90%, some even reach 99%. However, when i look at Behavior -> All pages report and use secondary page: landing page, bounce rate is lower, like 85% and below. 

What causes the discrepancy? and which figure should i rely on? 

Thanks! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Discrepancy between Drop-off Rate and Bounce Rate

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
User Flow is how users and traversing your site the drop off rate does not indicate bounce rate it analyzes the pages that individuals hit most often and the drop off is that percentage that leave your site once they hit that page it takes the page with the most hits and uses that as the starting page the thought process is that the page people hit most often should have more interactions. The bounce rate is dtermined by analyzing all the pages and then counting those pages that a person landed on and did not go any further sort of a one hit wonder. So use the User Flow to see if visitors are flowing through your site how you expect use the bounce rate to see which pages they are landing on and not going any further.