Analytics
2.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancy between Bounce Rate and Drop off Rate of Starting Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bounce rate & drop off rate of stating page are consistent in one country but they are not consistent in another country from my GA report.

Bounce rate is the percentage of sessions in which the person left your site from the entrance page without interacting with the page.

While the drop off rate is a measurement of the visitors flow report and can occur after users have left the site after viewing any number of pages.

Does it mean that "bounce rate" should be consistent with "drop off rate of starting page"?

If yes, how can I solve the problem in my report?

Discrepancy between Bounce Rate and Drop off Rate of Starting Page

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I wish Google can have better documentation. But a bounce is not only for page view session. Check here https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033068?hl=en

"Remember that a bounce is defined as a session containing only one interaction hit. By default, the event hit is considered an interaction hit, which means that it is included in bounce rate calculations."

It might be the reason that you can see different rates in your question.