Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Discovering Page Revenue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I want to figure out how much revenue my top 50 pages made last year, and currently I can only get two views which don't answer my question:

1. Behaviour > Site Content > Landing Pages > Page URL > Revenue 

Presumably, this does not get the full picture because it only accounts for customers who *landed on the page* rather than made their way to the page through the website (IE - the homepage.) In other words, the revenue that I see in this view accounts for direct marketing traffic from sources like Google, Email, Social, or PPC?

2. Behaviour > Site Content > All Pages > Page URL > Page Value

* Page Value = The average value of this page or set of pages. Page Value is ((Transaction Revenue + Total Goal Value) divided by Unique Pageviews for the page or set of pages)  This doesn't sound like a straightforward explanation of 'how much did this page make' instead it is a benchmark set against the websites overall revenue. 

In closing, I'm after a straightforward and holistic view towards how much an individual page met which combines both revenues generated from the direct traffic which was sent there and the organic traffic that arrived there through website clicks (chiefly our homepage banners.) 

Would it be possible to discover this?

Thanks, 

Duncan.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Discovering Page Revenue

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Does each page sell a particular product, or do you have  bunch of content which includes pages where the visitor can convert? Can you give some more background please? My reason for asking is that the page value metric is useful when you, for example, have a site where lead generation or product information pages can be part of the sales funnel - it allows you to see which pages are most often included in the sales funnel.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Discovering Page Revenue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John - thanks for getting back to me. 

Some pages include content where you could add to basket on the page like this: https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/new-products

Other pages will direct you to pages where you could convert, like this: https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/christmas. Does the page value metric, in other words, give you a barometer towards how often a particular page was included in a path to purchase? A higher number indicates a higher amount of times it was included in a path to purchase?

Thanks again, 

Duncan.