Analytics
6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Disappearing Data in Audience Overview

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey! Any insights here would be greatly appreciated. 

Yesterday I was seeing my data flow through nicely and then around 3pm all data for Feb. 3rd dropped to 0. I am still seeing real time data flow in and events are firing but nothing is being indexed in Audience-Overview anymore. At minimum the data that came in earlier in the day should still be there but it is not. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

It can take a while for data to appear, especially for high volume sites but more than 1 - 2 hours is extreme. Is the view you are looking at filtered in anyway? Is the date range correct? Try also logging out and back into Google Analytics.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey John - I've tried log out/in and same results. The date range is correct and no filtering. 

The part that is hard for me to understand is it was showing up earlier in the day. So even if it stopped tracking for the rest of the day, earlier data should still show.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

it must have been the high traffic issue. the data finally appeared!