Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Direct Traffic - No Session Data but Revenue & Conversions recorded

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey All,

I've come across something with Direct traffic which I haven't seen before. When looking at the landing page report for Direct, I pulled in the previous page path as a secondary dimension. I would expect the previous page path to be (entrance) for all direct traffic. However, I saw that the conversion page - "/finished" was the previous page path for a large portion of Direct revenue. 

The landing page was either the home page, or other pages in the booking engine.

No session data was recorded, only transactions and revenue.

I'm not sure whether I'm looking at miss-attribution of sales to the incorrect channel, or maybe a flaw in how the previous page path is being reported. I will upload a picture to make this easier to understand.

Would be great to hear your thoughts and please shoot me a question if you need further clarification.

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Tony

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Direct Traffic - No Session Data but Revenue & Conversions recorded

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

you have a 3rd party checkout?
Cross domain tracking set up?
Both domains in your referral exclusion list?
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.