Analytics
3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Direct Bounce Rate

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, my analytics shows that my bounce rate of my direct traffic has increases close to 97%, last month it was 5%, after the migration of the server. In my network domain i see three other networks which are sending me traffic which has a bounce rate of 97% and all of the traffic is a new user traffic. How do solve this issue?

Please help if any body has encountered with the same problem after the server migration. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Direct Bounce Rate

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

A visit is a bounce if there is only one page in the visit.  A visit is multiple pageviews from a browser containing the same Google Analytics user cookie. If Google cannot find a cookie in the user's browser from a previous visit, they label the user as 'new'.

Do people visit more than one page on your site? If yes, are they all being tracked with the same GA tracking code. Maybe you had 'interaction' events triggering on the old site that do not trigger on the new one?

You use percentages...numbers would provide a more complete story. 97% bounce in 17 visits is not statistically meaningful. A spike from a single bot could overwhelm your percentages. 

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.