AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Dimensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello guys

I have a question and would like Community Help

My application perform login in background and would like to use the user status (Online and not logged in) to evaluate the metrics.

What is the best practice? Send this information as a dimension?

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fernando F
March 2016

Re: Dimensions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi, Fernando F,

This is a great (and typical) example of when to use custom dimensions. You could push them from the dataLayer (if you use GTM) or just the standard way (if not using GTM). Just make sure they are scoped appropriately (you're probably likely to use "session" scoped dimensions. You can read up more on custom dimensions here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2709828?hl=en
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fernando F
March 2016

Re: Dimensions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi, Fernando F,

This is a great (and typical) example of when to use custom dimensions. You could push them from the dataLayer (if you use GTM) or just the standard way (if not using GTM). Just make sure they are scoped appropriately (you're probably likely to use "session" scoped dimensions. You can read up more on custom dimensions here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2709828?hl=en
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn