Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Digital Magazine--Tracking top read columns

N/A
# 1
N/A

We recently changed publishing partners for the digital edition of our magazine, and now I am using Google Analytics to track our stats on each edition. With our old statistics, I had a pre-made report that told me our top-read articles. In Google Analytics I tried going to Behavior>Site Content>All Pages and then under Primary Dimension selected Page Title (so I can choose which edition I want to look at page hits for, ex. January 2017 vs February 2017).

I ordered by most Pageviews but noticed only odd numbered pages were listed, and those top pages do not correspond with the same columns that our previous analytics regularly reported as popular--more along the lines of going in order of pages, ex. 1, 3, 7, 9. Do I personalize a report that includes Pageviews and time spent on page, and if so how would I do that to accurately reflect to information I want? And then would it make sense to only use the first page of each article as a reference for rank, as the pages within articles is a repeat of data towards that column? Do I only count views on the first page of the article?

Then, for our second edition being tracked by GA, I went through the same process described above to look at the numbers, but now am getting page ranges instead, such as 4-41 and then 44-451. But the magazine only has 164 pages. I don't understand what happened.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Is this magazine a PDF or HTML?

Re: Digital Magazine--Tracking top read columns

[ Edited ]
N/A
# 3
N/A

It's in HTML!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Post the URL; sounds like a tag issue

Re: Digital Magazine--Tracking top read columns

N/A
# 5
N/A
http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/Launch.aspx?PBID=604160a2-6442-4ed0-9695-2e753da4eb98

The problem is that the content is exclusive to our members so you need to sign in.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

well, not too helpful them.  I am guessing that your HTML Title tags may be a problem.  If you have gated content, you may need to reach out to a professional resource you can contract with.