Analytics
2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Different title for homepage in Real time.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I am facing new issue while going through real time data i found that two different meta title are be shown for homepage.Attached is the screenshot for your reference.

multiple title.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The TITLE HTML tag changes its value at some point. GA only captures what is in the TITLE tag, unless you use a filter to rewrite the Page Title field.

The other explanation is that you have a home page on a different subdomain that has a different title.

Yet another explanation means there is another site out there using your GA tracking code.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Julien,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please help me out by explaining step by step how i can overcome this problem. We have a separate mobile website with m.mybrand.com were the older title is currently present(the 1st one) in the attached image.Also we can see in image their is a visit from mobile device that is the reason i am seeing different title?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

to go Audience > Technology > Network and look for the Hostname report.

From there you will see which sites host your content.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I gone through the above steps and noticed that their was some sessions from www.example.in, www.example.net. However i have 301 redirected them in previous week on www.example.com. Will it have any effect on my .com website and will it solve the above problem. Do i need to worry by below things:

However i notice the strange things i am seeing domains like

www.foxnews.com - 19 sessions

www.bbc.com - 5 sessions

web.archive.org - 1 session

lifehacker.com -1 session

www.cnn.com - 1 session

blog.google - 1 session

translate.googleusercontent.com - 2 session