Analytics
2.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Different number of sessions between Page depth 1 and duration 0-10 seconds

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear community,

I have the following metrics regarding the number of sessions that had a duration between 0 and 10 seconds (106.862), and the number of pages with a depth 1 (107.105). As far as I know, Google Analytics can't determine the time that the user was in the last page, so it assumes that the time is 00:00. 

My problem is the following. I guess that Google Analytics can't know the time the 107.105 sessions with Page Depth 1 spent in the page so I assumed Google Analytics assigned a value of 00:00 to all the visits. Consequently, I thought that the number of sessions between 0-10 second would be at least the same, but I found it is less. Why is this happening?

Thank you very much for your help.

Capture.PNG

Re: Different number of sessions between Page depth 1 and duration 0-10 seconds

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
the 2 reports are not directly connected
on 0-10 seconds you have all the user that have a sessione that between 0-10 seconds but the can have see 1 or 5 or more pages. But user time is affected by event too not only by page view.

You have also a row that user with no page depth, so I suppose that you have some event installed, so probably event are affecting your metric
Fil