Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Different Analytics Showing in Bloggers Analytics and Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

One of my client analytics showing different in blogger and google analytics.

Mobile Traffic showing more than 80% in blogger analytics while for the same website mobile traffic showing only 5% in Google Analytics.

Guide me how it would be correct and how do I know which traffic is correct. Also, guide why it happening.

1 Expert replyverified_user

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

any filters on the GA view?

GA might be filtering out bots. Some users might have opted out of analytics tracking.

Re: Different Analytics Showing in Bloggers Analytics and Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Balendu M  :-)

1) blogger stats and analytics are not the same product and do not track the same way.
They are two different tracking solutions, therefor they will not offer the same data.

2) Are there any filters applied to the reporting View in Analytics?

If so.. then visits may be blocked in analytics that are not being blocked by blogger stats. 

Real time visits do not always track mobile.. mobile often batches hits to conserve battery power and will send the hits

thru to analytics at a later time so as to display correctly in the standard reports but not always in the real time reports.

Is there a hostname filter applied in analytics? If so, then analytics may be missing traffic from ppl that are getting redirected

to country specific domains
https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/2402711?hl=en

3) How has analytics been installed on blogger?
Was the tracking code manually added to the html template
or was it installed by adding just the tracking id to GA tracking id field supplied by Blogger under Settings > Other
If it has been manually added to the Blogger html template then the mobile template must also be edited or the tracking will not work as expected for mobile.

Change the Mobile template from Default to Custom by clicking the gear icon below the Mobile preview

live-on-blog

Select radio button for Yes. Show mobile template on mobile devices.
then Select Custom from the Choose Mobile Template drop menu,
Then Save the changes.

change-mobile-template-default-custom

4) Choosing to block your own visits in blogger stats does not always work (ive not ever had this feature in blogger stats work yet)
So, if client has tried to block their visits in blogger, their visits may not actually be blocked in blogger stats which would lead to blogger tracking more traffic if they have used a filter to remove their visits in analytics.

The following blog is not public so only I am able to visit it.. so i know it is only my visits being tracked at that time in blogger stats.

bloggerstats01.png

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Bronwyn V,

Really informative!

But there is no any filter in Google Analytics. I will use said options then again will share the actual situation. May possibly point 3 or/and 4 will work.

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No Filters applied in GA.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried option 3 but after doing that it shows web view even i have selected mobile view. Please suggest. 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Dinesh B

Are you experiencing an issue with Google Analytics, or some other type of issue with Blogger?

If its to do with analytics, can you please give clearer details and the url of your blog

Thanks

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Actually above issue is with my blog which address is http://www.samanyagyan.co.in 

In Blogger my traffic shows 80% from mobile and in analytics is showing just 5% from mobile. So i just want to ask the reasons behind it. 

When i tried your suggestion in option 3rd it's displaying my website like desktops where as i have selected the option mobile view. 

So please let me know how to resolve it. 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

If you are not making any modifications to your tracking code snippet, which you dont seem to be from looking at it, then you should just use the blogger default method of adding the tracking id by putting GA tracking id into provided field in the blogger settings.

If you use the blogger settings then 

1) it adds it into the correct part of theme (at the moment you have the tracking code before the closing </body> which can prevent it from firing)

2) It automatically adds it to the mobile template too

eta..blogger stats are not the same as analytics. two completely different tracking methods.
To learn more about blogger stats, best place to ask would be on the blogger help forum

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Dinesh B Just as an aside too.. there is a minor code area just after the tracking code snippet:

<script> async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>

Should read as

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>