Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Difference between regular conversions and last click conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is my understanding that the conversions in - lets say - the 'Acquisition-->All traffic-->Source/Medium' report should be the same as the Last Click Conversions report in the 'Multi-Channel Funnels-->Assisted Conversions' section. However, when i filter on a certain campaign, one has 4 conversions and the other(last-click) has only 1 conversion.

Is it not the same? Can anyone explain why the numbers don't match?

thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Derk,

I won't actually compare the data for AdWords and Analytics even if we are looking at the same report i.e. Assisted conversions report in AdWords vs. Google Analytics multi channel report for assisted conversions. Reason being both the products work differently and the way conversions, goals are measured could also be different. Some of the other reasons of data discrepancies are explained here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221

I hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank for the response, but i'm still not clear on this.

1. All 'Adwords' conversions are measured through GA goals.

2. No matter which way i try (GA goals or unique pageviews) the actual GA conversions are way higher then the last click conversions in the assisted conversions segment.