Analytics
3.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Demographics and Intrests reports in User-ID views

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi GA fellows!

It’s obvious that Google prohibits sending personally identifiable information (PII) to Analytics (such as names, social security numbers, email addresses, or any similar data), or data that permanently identifies a particular device (such as a mobile phone’s unique device identifier if such an identifier cannot be reset), but what I found through my readings that grouping users is allowed (such as grouping by registered/non-registered users, etc...).

The question is: why User-ID views do not have Demographic and Interests reports since these reports do not provide any PII's (Edit: and are similar to grouping by registered/non-registered users, etc...)?

Thank you Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Probably for privacy reasons, to prevent ppl viewing the reports from inferring the demographics or interests of individual users.. same reason they apply thresholds and remove the demographics/interest data in some instances.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Demographics and Intrests reports in User-ID views

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply Bronwyn. I got your point, but I didn't find anything related to these reports in the Privacy Policy, I need to get an answer to my boss at work supported with Google documentation Smiley Sad

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Husain A
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Not sure if the following is helpful re needing documentation in relation to the Demographics and Interest reports
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2799357?hl=en#thresholds

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here