Analytics
2.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Demographics & Interests

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good evening,

I'm new on Analytics and I'm a bit confused. I wanted to enable the Demographics & Interests reports and then I found out that I should be having a Privacy Policy and cookies information. My intention is to have a blog to practice Analitics, SEO and probably as soon as I manage those two maybe do Adwords and Display.

In this case do I need to create this Privacy Policy? I will create a Newsletter, so for this I will ask for the Name and email.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author susan r
March 2016

Re: Demographics & Interests

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Susan :-)
I'm not a legal person but in my opinion, any site that uses cookies or some method to track site visitor.. and/or collects visitor information in some way eg newsletter signups, subscriptions etc, should have a privacy policy

You can create a privacy policy yourself or use a paid 3rd party solution such as iubenda

Unfortunately Google cant provide a template of what your privacy policy should say as legal requirements will vary from country to country etc
You can get more information on what should be covered in the privacy policy here:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2700409?hl=en&ref_topic=3413645

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Demographics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks very much Bronwyn V for your quick answer and help. I'll have a look.

Re: Demographics

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You're welcome Susan :-)
If you have further questions about Google Analytics, please post back

Thanks
Bronwyn :-)
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here