Analytics
5.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Deleting Campaigns NOT in Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure this is in the correct group, so forgive me if it's not.

While learning about campaigns, I created 3 of them and I now want to delete 2 of them because they just clutter up my "All Campaigns" list.  All of the instructions I find online are about how to delete them from adwords, but they don't appear in adwords for me.  They appear under Aquisition/Campaigns/All Campaigns.  Is there any way to get rid of these?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Deleting Campaigns NOT in Adwords

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
In GA, as long as there is data for that campaign in the date range selected, removed campaigns will appear. Removing a campaign from AdWords does not remove data from GA. If you pick a date range after all data ceases to be collected (sessions or users, since with the Measurement Protocol you can get users without sessions), the campaign will no longer appear.

FYI - unlinking an AdWords account from GA DOES remove the AdWords data (cost, clicks, etc) from the AdWords section, but the Campaign data still remains.