AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Deleted account UA tracking code is still showing up in my source file. Why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I deleted an old account from Google Analytics but the tracking code is still showing up in my source file.  How or when is it removed?  I'v cleared my cache.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JOYCELYN D
April 2016

Re: Deleted account UA tracking code is still showing up in my source file. Why?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

It depends on how your site is set up. If you are using a CMS like Wordpress, you need to disable / delete the plugin that inserts the tracking code. If you have html files, you need to download the file(s) and delete the code snippet manually before re-uploading them. If you could post your site URL I would look into it for you.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

View solution in original post

Re: Deleted account UA tracking code is still showing up in my source file. Why?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

Deleting an Analytics property will not remove the tracking code from your site; you need to remove it manually. Let me know if you have questions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the prompt response. How would I do that?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JOYCELYN D
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

It depends on how your site is set up. If you are using a CMS like Wordpress, you need to disable / delete the plugin that inserts the tracking code. If you have html files, you need to download the file(s) and delete the code snippet manually before re-uploading them. If you could post your site URL I would look into it for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Arnold

I found it in our header. Thanks for your help.