Analytics
5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Default Dashboard "My Dashboard" is no longer available

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have set up new users on my Google Analytics account for a class project and I have directed the users to view the "MY DASHBOARD" default view, which is usually located in the PRIVATE dashboard folder, under the SHARED Dashboard folder.

However for new users to Google Analytics the "My Dashboard" default is no longer visible and the Private folder becomes visible only after creating a "New Dashboard". Is the default "My Dashboard" no longer a feature for new users?

However the support guide still refers to it here: (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1068216?hl=en#the_default_dashboard)

"The Default Dashboard: each view in your Analytics account displays a default Dashboard (called “My Dashboard”) that is pre-populated with a number of widgets showing your site’s traffic as measured via certain key metrics and dimensions: a timeline for number of users, a geomap of sessions, a table of sessions by browser, timelines for bounce rate and goal conversions, etc. The default Dashboard may be sufficient for your needs, but if not, you can customize it by adding or rearranging the widgets, adding reports to the Dashboard, removing unwanted widgets, or filtering the data displayed. You can also create additional Dashboards, devoted to different aspects of your site traffic."

Please let me know if there was a change to this feature or if this missing "my dashboard" depends on certain user settings.

Thank you for your help.

Linda