Data problem concerning top conversion path
On my GA-account i receive data from my website. GA-snippet correctly installed. Besides that I utm tag every post, blog, ad inside social media by using the UTM shortener of Google and afterwards Bitly.
But when I want to know the top conversions path of my goals (buying a ticket, e-mail subscription) I constantly receive as source referal and direct.
How can I solve this? Are these below the options?
- Installation Google tag manager and create tags?
- Install inside google tag manager the facebook, linkedin, twitter and active campaign pixel?
- My data from facebook ad's aren't showing inside the source facebook in GA. My guess is, it is showing inside referal or direct traffic in GA. How can I solve this?
- Is there anything else I can do?
Thank you for the help.
Re: Data problem concerning top conversion path
this seems to be a technical issue where the original source of traffic gets lost inside the purchase process - this usually happens if you:
1) have a cross domain setup (google analytics is collecting on all domains inside one GA property) domainA > domainB > domainA where one of the domains is either not tagged or the implementation does not pass the _ga cookie information from one domain to the other
2) you would need to add all of the payment gateways inside the referral exclusion list (if these are the referrals which are reported inside GA)
Hope it helps.