Analytics
3.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Data not visible in Demographic reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I have connected my blog for Blog analysis to Google analytics. The day I had integrated tracking code in my blog, I had also enabled capture and generation of demograhic data. It has been a week after that. The user session count is approximately 55, but the demographic reports show no data captured.

Can someone help?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Data not visible in Demographic reports

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
You have possibly not yet had enough site visitors

Demographics and interests data may only be available for a subset of your users, and may not represent the overall composition of your traffic: Analytics cannot collect the demographics and interests information if the DoubleClick cookie or the Device Advertising ID is not present, or if no activity profile is included

If these ppl use adblockers, and opt out of 3rd party advertising etc.. then there may have been no data to collect for them

The other thing to bare in mind too is thresholds

Thresholds are applied to prevent anyone viewing a report from inferring the demographics or interests of individual users. When a report contains Age, Gender, or Interest Category (as a primary or secondary dimension, or as part of an applied segment), a threshold may be applied and some data may be withheld from the report. For example, if there are fewer than N instances of Gender=male in a report, then data for the male value may be withheld.

These thresholds are system defined, and you cannot adjust them.

If a threshold has been applied to a report, you will see a notice below the report title.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here