Analytics
2.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Data import functionality

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I have recently started using Data import function through which I can feed in our internal transaction server's accurate revenue and margin to GA but after uploading the data via data import function also it's not reflecting me the correct value - I think I am missing out some configuration, though configuration is bit simple but can you please guide me on that. I have followed all the steps of analytics data import documentation and have imported the data correctly as well (as I can see "completed" in the process tab).

Thanks,

Manish

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Data import functionality

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

data import is not really useful for this particular use case as data import is all about processing time meaning you need an actual Google Analytics hit to be sent to GA which will be widened by information previously uploaded via data import (in your case it will not widen the historic data -unless you are a GA Premium / 360 user where query time is available).

If your case is to upload GA transactions which were not recorded with GA then you should use Measurement protocol.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

Thanks for your response, so we have GA premium account only - then how do we do that? and we are looking for only those transactions which are tracked by GA.

Thanks,
Manish

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

you can try with this https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6071511?hl=en.

Kind regards,
Zorin

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Thanks for this, to add more - I want margin/revenue based on every transaction id so that it will attribute to different campaigns/keywords and etc. and at the moment we have only one data type called "Refund data" where we can use the combination of revenue/margin with "Transaction id" - can you guide me with this scenario or do you have any other alternative to import revenue/margin based on transaction id?

Thanks,
Manish

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Well in essence you would need to create additional Custom Metrics and using the transaction Id as key you would widen it with these 2 metrics.

A different alternative is to send the profit / margin with the transaction payload so essentially send the transaction hit with the additional custom metrics / dimensions.

Kind regards,
Zorin

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
make sense! one thing, can we use custom metrics with transaction id as a key under "refund dataset" because I am struggling with this only.

Thanks,
Manish

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hmm - not sure about this one - would need further testing but I would say no.

Kind regards,
Zorin

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
hm... another thing do you have any idea why it's (uploaded figures) not reflecting in my custom report as I have successfully uploaded the data via data import?

Thanks,
Manish