Analytics
4.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Data Sampling and number of views

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

A quick question about data sampling: In a report (covering multiple years), I can read on the top right: "This report is based on 600,000 sessions (50% of sessions)"

This report is about a specific page, in the table I can read: "Pageviews: 200"

Does this mean that the total Pageviews would be around 400, because only 50% of the sessions were sampled? Or is 200 already an estimate of the total?

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alphonse1
July 2016

Re: Data Sampling and number of views

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
No, views for this specific page would not be 400. Sessions are sampled in order for a custom query to be returned timely since what is being requested isn't stored in aggregated tables. See link below, it's a good reference.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1042498?hl=en&ref_topic=2601030

You can increase precision in the data sampled. Above the yellow warning there is an icon which looks like a square made of little squares. Click on it and drag the slider to Higher Precision.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alphonse1
July 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
No, views for this specific page would not be 400. Sessions are sampled in order for a custom query to be returned timely since what is being requested isn't stored in aggregated tables. See link below, it's a good reference.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1042498?hl=en&ref_topic=2601030

You can increase precision in the data sampled. Above the yellow warning there is an icon which looks like a square made of little squares. Click on it and drag the slider to Higher Precision.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your quick reply!