Analytics
4.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Data Import refund does not work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone have experience with importing refunds via Data Imports? My Data Imports seem to be successful but don't show up in my reports.

I've created a dataset for refunds with transactionId, productSku and quantityRefunded. After saving i'm importing the following file:

ga:transactionId,ga:productSku,ga:quantityRefunded

shows up as 'Completed', but this does not show up in a Custom Report with productSku + quantityRefunded. The import was completed over 48 hours ago.

Any idea on how I can get this to work?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! Have You been able to resolve this issue? I'm struggling with exactly the same problem since few days without any success.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same issue - file appears to upload fine but has no effect (making sure to check the upload date for refund and waiting for up to 48 hours). 

If I try to download the uploaded file from the data import interface I get the following error, which leads me to believe there is a bigger issue with data import:

"Downloads are currently unavailable. We should have this resolved by the end of March 2017. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Has anyone had recent positive experience with refunding transactions or is it a problem with GA?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same problem over here.

Uploaded it 48hs ago and everything seems ok, but nothing changes in the Sales Performance report.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi guys!
Are you using enhanced e-commerce on your websites?
Becouse refund data import works only with enhanced e-commerce.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6014861?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

Yes, i'm using EE.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think all of data import's features are not working. I also started a separate thread here: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Analytics-Tracking-Goals/Data-Import-refund-does-no...