Analytics
2.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Data Import not importing single custom dimension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I am having troubles with a Google Analytics Data Import. I am trying to import from our CRM a lead's ID, status, and company size using the lead's cookie as the primary key. These are all custom, user scoped, dimensions setup in our Google Analytics testing view. The lead's cookie (defined by our CRM's tracking tag) is being passed on page view. I have tried setting the Data Import type as both User Data and Custom Data, and to override old data.

I have confirmed (via a custom report) that our lead's cookie is present in GA, with one session. I then created a spreadsheet with the proper headers and uploaded it to Google Analytics. I was then able to confirm that the lead's ID and status are present in GA (via adding these fields to the flat table custom report I was using to previously view the lead's cookie) though when I add the lead's company size the flat table report does not render any data.

I am unsure why GA appears to be importing the lead ID and status and not company size. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Dawson.