Analytics
2.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Data Import - Product Inventory Levels

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like my google analytics to track product inventory levels on my website. So for instance I want my analytics to show that we have 1,000 items of product A and 500 items of product B. This should be updated daily. From what I gather I can do this with a data import but I wanted to check that this is the best way to do so.

I have set up a custom dimension with the different products but it seems the spreadsheet I will be uploading has to be uploaded in such a manner so that if I want to show I have 1,000 items of product A then I need the spreadsheet to have product A typed into 1,000 rows? Is this correct? Or can I just have it so one column shows product A and the next column shows 1,000?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Data Import - Product Inventory Levels

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Iliana,

I'm not sure of the use case for this as your data would always be behind by one day. The best way to do this would be to send the inventory level with the hit in real time. To do this you could send it with the transaction as a custom dimension /metric.

More on custom dimensions here:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2709828?hl=en

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn