Analytics
4.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Data Discrepancies between Mobile traffic segment sessions and by device category sessions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just curious why the two numbers are different and what it may not be reporting or leaving. 2,000 session difference. Insight appreciated!
GA1.JPGGA2.JPG

Re: Data Discrepancies between Mobile traffic segment sessions and by device category sessions?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Ben,

you're correct, the numbers should match exactly! Just replicated the report on my own account and the figures are matching exactly (attach screenshot).

Judging by the traffic volume (we're talking about <1M sessions here it seems) I doubt sampling is playing any role either (as you know applying Segments, reporting data hits the "raw data", not the pre-aggregates data).

The difference is minimal, but still i'm curious to know as well, why such discrepancy.

1.png 

2.png

Re: Data Discrepancies between Mobile traffic segment sessions and by device category sessions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for looking into it! Very curious myself as to how this kind of thing might happen. Let me know if you find anything else.