Analytics
1.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Daily/Weekly sessions by user from Google Analytics

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

What i would want to get our from GA is a daily/weekly count of sessions a visitor makes. So instead of just doing daily/weekly sessions / user averages i would like to know how many visitors visited only once each day/week and how many twice, three times etc. 

I have done this with segments but then i have to set the dataset to only one day/week and therefore it is harder to analyze longer trends on user behavior.

Any advice? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Daily/Weekly sessions by user from Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kimmo,

have you seen the "Count of Sessions" report in "Audience > Behavior > Frequency & Recency" for that?

Christoph

Re: Daily/Weekly sessions by user from Google Analytics

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Christoph,

i have but the problem is that the count of sessions is cookie based and counted from first visit of the cookie and it increments every time a user visits.

So it means that if i look that report for one day there would be visitors with over 200 sessions.

What i would like to know is how many users i have on a site daily who visit only once, twice, three times etc. And same but by week.