Analytics
4.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Customized reports with sample feed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have been using Analytics Edge in order to extract a lot of data with these dimensions "Date", "Hour", "Minute", and "Device Category", and the metric "Sessions".

In order to prevent sample feed, I have created the report in Google Analytics in order to see which dates is sufficient for it not to be sample feed. So basically if there is a sample feed in it, I reduce the date interval until I don't have any sample feed in it.
This has worked fine, until I come towards a specific date.

For instance, there is no sample data between the 21st May 2015 till 17th June 2015. But the end of October and November I have problems.

From the 4th November 2015, till the 7th November 2015, I have a sample feed of 74,71 %,

From the 4th November 2015, till the 6th November 2015, I have a sample feed of 72,62 %,

From the 4th November 2015, till the 5th November 2015, I have a sample feed of 71,66 %,

From the 4th November 2015, till the 4th November 2015, I have a sample feed of 74,52 %,

As can be seen, the sample feed grows the smaller the date interval becomes, which makes no sense when thinking logically.

Hope somebody has a solution to my predicament Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Customized reports with sample feed

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
In Analytics Edge, go to the Options tab and click the Minimize sampling checkbox. That will cause the tool to make daily queries and join the results together for you.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @Mike S

Is it possible to see the sampling size in Analytics Edge directly?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
This really should be a question on the Analytics Edge support forum...not here. Also on the Options tab is Warn if results contain sampled data. If it is sampled, a popup will tell you the details.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.