Analytics
4.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Customization/Report Limitations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have 2 problems and I would really appreciate if anyone can help me out.

Problem 1:

I would like to make multiple reports from "Customization" but filtering has been a problem. I would like to filter about 50 "names" from a certain custom dimension, and start creating multiple reports with the pre-determined/fixed filters.

Reason:

a. There's only 5 filters available when you "Edit" the report

b. When you're looking at the report, there's the "advanced" button for filtering, but this does not save unless you "shortcut" the report. But once you shortcut the report, you can't move/customize the fields anymore, so you would have to literally create another report and filter everything out again.

Problem 2:

I want to export a large Excel file from the reports, but it will only extract up to 5000 rows. Is there a way to extract everything beyond the 5000 rows?

I appreciate your help everyone.

Thank you,

P

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Customization/Report Limitations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
There is a free Excel add-in available from Analytics Edge that would do what you want [I am the author].
analyticsedge.com

There is also a free Addon for Google Sheets direct from Google.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.