Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Customised Report for Blogs Views

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I am new to google analytics and have inherited a job to keep track of blog views. 

There is already a customised report set up which I create an excel pivot table with and can then quickly find the views for over 500 blog posts.

However, on a daily basis if someone asks me for a quick update from their blog, I go to Behaviour - All pages - Unique Page Views and give them that number.

I started to notice the numbers from my report and this direct search were different. When I looked into the customised report I saw that it was filtered by Users. 

The person in charge of GA said it made very little difference but I would prefer to be consistent. 

When I edited the customised report and used the metric 'unique pageviews' the numbers were still different.

I just want to see if anyone knows what I am doing wrong and a solution.

Many thanks in advance. 

R

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Customised Report for Blogs Views

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Unique pageviews will give your the number of sessions that included the page.
Users will give you the users.

Since a user can visit the page in more than one session during the time period of your report, Users will typically show a slightly smaller number.

Both numbers are valid...it just depends on what you want to see.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.