Analytics
4.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Custom report with pages and channel grouping

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I need some help with custom reports. We need to create a custom report that contains metrics: goal completion and sessions and dimensions: User ID (custom dimension), Page and Default channel grouping. The problem is, that I can't use channel grouping and page dimensions then creating custom report. But in acquisition > channels report I can choose Page as a secondary dimension, then primary dimension is default channel grouping. Why is that? And how can I create such a custom report? 

Also, I tried to create custom report with custom channel grouping, but I can't choose custom channel grouping as a dimension. Same question, why? 

Thanks for your answers.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom report with pages and channel grouping

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Vilius,

I was able to create a custom report with the following as metrics Sessions and Goal Completions; as dimensions Page and Default Channel Grouping.

I do not use custom channel groupings so I can not test that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Brian,

Yes, I tried to create such a report in GA property with ecommerce disabled and I was able to do so. But if ecommerce is enabled, after I add page or default channel grouping as a dimension I'm not able to add the other one (respectively: page or default channel grouping).

So I understand that there's a problem with ecommerce enabled, but why it is so? I can't find any logical explanation for that.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Oh so ecommerce causes an issue interesting, while I do not have ecommerce enabled the difference could be a PII issue in that the information in the report could allow you to identify a person and that is something that GA tries very hard to not allow one to analysis.