Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Custom report with filter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a site where different types of customers visit different parts of the website. So I want to create a report for each of my 3 main types of customers.

Under report filter I add Include Page /customerType1/ as a regex and it gives me the data for 52 visitors for the selected time.

But if I goto the Page report and search for the page /customerType1/ it says 250 unique visitors to this URL for the same time span. If this is the case, then my custom report should also contain at least 250 visitors right, or what I am I missing here?

The same goes for my 2 other customer types, also very different data under page, and my custom report.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael N
March 2016

Re: Custom report with filter

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Be careful with terminology. Pages have 'pageviews' which are part of 'sessions' viewed by 'users'. Users (the old 'Unique Visitors' metric) can have multiple Sessions (the old 'Visits' metric).

To see how many sessions included a specific page, look at the metric 'unique pageviews'. Sessions is not accurate when looking at Pages.

A report 'filter' and a report 'search' would produce the same results. If you mean a Segment, that is something entirely different. If you segment by a Page, you will get all pages in any session that included that page.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.