Analytics
1.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Custom report for all pageviews by time (hour/minute/date)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a few problems with Goal reporting and need to identify all pageviews on my site by date/hour and minute to find the culprits.

Sounds easy enough?

But a flat table report of Page/Hour/Minute/Date is all I need. Unfortunately I have to add a metric to this.

Doing so eliminates at least half of the instances a URL was served.

GA Help suggested using sessions but this only returns 3K+ pageviews on a day I know 7.5K were served.

Does anyone know of a way to get a report of every time a URL is served that tells you what it was and when it happened?

Cheers

Mat

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom report for all pageviews by time (hour/minute/date)

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
So like you said it is easy enough to use the four dimensions that you want of Page/Hour/Minute/Date now you need to add a metric, try using the pageview metric even if the count is zero it should still show your page. Unless the Hour/Minute/Date have an impact in which case you will need to set up some filters along with the report to include data where those values null. But if the page was never hit then it could not be causing your issue so you should be safe to use pageview. Let me know if that works I am interested but just dont have the time to test out my own custom report today.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Brian B

No pageviews returns about 3.5K views on a day I know there were 7.5K.

This means that for some reason I can't fathom about half the URLs
served are not recorded by this method.

TBH I've tried just about every metric against this and drawn blanks.

Grrrrrr

Mat

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Mat I just created a report as follows see image below:2016-04-12_16-18-35.png

And verified that the number of pageviews equaled what was reported in Audience Overview when I exported to Excel and they matched up. Perhaps the issue is the order in which you set your dimensions. See what happens when you do the order I have them in the image for testing I set my date range to begin and end on yesterday so that my data set would be easy to verify.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thnaks Brian

I did have the order differently with PV first and Hour last.

Just tried this and there are still discrepancies but about 85% of all
PVs are captured and reporting time served.

Not perfect but I think I can work with that: thanks for helping out
with theis - much appreciated.

Mat