Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Custom dimension sent with enhanced ecommerce tag not reporting anymore

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

It's been almost 2 years since we have this implementation and everything worked fine: we are sending a product scoped dimension together with the enhaced ecommerce data, in the Products array.
We have a more custom reports in GA (or in google spreadsheets) that were showing very fine the data we needed. However, today we noticed they stopped reporting data about this custom dimension.  Any report containing this custom dimension is simply showing no data at all and it says This view has no data to show, no matter what period of time we select (so, not even for the last months, where we had data before).
For example (the report is the same as the other days, hasn't been modified)

The custom dimension is still correctly sent (we made some tests today, everything looks fine in the GA collect, see capture below, from wasp inspector; the custom dimension we are talking about is pr1cd13)

Any other reports containing different custom dimensions than this one are working fine. Only this custom dimension that is being sent with the enhanced ecommerce purchase hit looks like it disappeared. Did anybody else notice this issue today ? Is it a temporarily reporting problem or did anything change that we should know about? 

Thank you. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

please allow up to 48 hours for data to "bounce" back. In some rare cases I've seen 3-4 days break but eventually it has always been corrected for the missing days.

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, thank you for reply. Problem is there is no data at all, no matter the period I select. Not just for yesterday. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Then there is definitely a hiccup. Are you using any paid services by Google?

If yes I would open the discussion with them on Monday.

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Anca, did you have any luck solving this? I'm seeing a similar issue, eg custom dimensions going missing from custom reports . My post here - https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Reports_and_Reporting_...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

It simply started being visible again in our reports after a week or so. I guess it was a Google Analytics reporting issue. Hope it will get solved soon for everyone and will not happen again