Analytics
2.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Custom dimension based custom channel grouping stopped working

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been using custom dimensions for my custom channel definitions for a long time. These custom channel groupings used to display complete and meaningful data under the Acquisition > Channels Report.

This seems to have stopped working more or less overnight. Instead of the channel data, the Acquisition > Channels report now only displays the "There is no data for this view" message even for those of my custom channel groupings that have existed for a long time (and that should display lots of historical data).

When I make a copy of such a custom channel grouping, the problem remains. When I remove from that copy all user defined channel definitions with custom dimensions, the acquisition report begins showing data again. (This is reproducible.)

Is this a bug, or has there been a change to the functionality? Is there any way to get custom dimensions working again with custom channel definitions?

Update: The problem only seems to exist for custom channel groupings and NOT for the default channel grouping (where custom channel definitions based on custom dimensions are still showing data).